The Spartan Profile series is back with an exclusive interview with designer Matthias Lackus, the force behind the artwork for Fallow Land's debut record Slow Down, Rockstar. In addition to designing beautiful layouts, Matthias also plays guitar in the German post-hardcore band The Tidal Sleep. Enjoy! How did you, Fallow Land, and Spartan Records connect? As simple as it is, Whit from Fallow Land contacted me directly over email and asked if I’d be interested in working on the artwork for their upcoming album. I couldn’t say no — and due to the fact that there is tons of water...
In this exclusive interview, guitarist/vocalist Whit Fineberg of Fallow Land discusses the origins of Fallow Land, the process of recording the band’s debut record Slow Down, Rockstar, and working with acclaimed producer Matt Bayles (Isis, Minus the Bear, Pearl Jam). Dig in and get a peek behind the curtain! What should listeners know about Fallow Land — how did this project come to be? Fallow Land began when I was living in Chicago and my mental health was at an all-time low. My first guitar teacher and close friend had just passed away, my ex-girlfriend (who I had moved to...
- Songs of the Unsung with Jason Smith of Traindodge
- Low Coast Pays Tribute to The Replacements
- Spartan Spotlight: Jeff Caudill of Low Coast
- Allen Epley Talks His Unironic Love of AM Gold
- Caffeinated Chaos: Jono Diener Gets Real on 84 Tigers and Finding Your Identity
- Spartan Spotlight: Scott Evans (Producer, Musician)